Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well... it worked. Ha.

I rewrote my chores with a little help from Patricia...

* write for 15 minutes
* translate for 15 minutes
* find out what you need to do for "this thing", so that you can chop it into smaller pieces too
* find out what you need to do for "that other thing", so that that can be chopped too
* work 15 minutes with Auntie Sarah and future ideas

I feel pretty good right now :-D I have read this week's letter and today's chore, and I'm feeling quite confident about pulling this through :-) Maybe not these 100 days, though, but I will be starting a lot of things for my writing, that will carry me long way in the future, and I will be learning new habits and skills that will carry me even longer :-D

I have also discussed with my husband about these things, and that's always a good thing. Might be that I have all the time in the world to write - theoretically - the practice looks slightly different. I do have some responsibilities outside writing, which is only my work ;-)


Here's 100 ways to improve your writing. Do follow the links :-)

Angela Booth's 100 days writing challenge

3 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Great link you have to 100 ways to improve your writing. You're so right. Seems like we should have all the time in the world, but time is a slippery commodity so we need to have a plan, then be deliberate about achieving it.

Hart Johnson said...

Glad you found a helpful set of strategies! That 'smaller bits thing' makes a huge difference in feeling like you are making progress, and progress is what keeps it from getting overwhelming.

Ketutar said...

Dear "Amelia John".
I got really glad when I started reading your comment. I had forgotten this post - after all, it was 10 years ago - so I didn't have a clue what it was you were commenting on, and then I read the rest of your comment...
it's spam.

You aren't commenting on anything, in fact, you aren't even a real person.

I know it's not worth it to get upset about things like this, but I did, and that's why I hate you, little bot, who ever programmed you, who ever paid to have you programmed and that thing you are trying to sell and advertise. It's enough for me to consider following the link and scream at them.

I hate spam.