Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm terrified...

I am planning on entering the art of corset making. I read somewhere that it's not more difficult than any sewing, but one needs to be VERY careful and meticulous... I can sew. A corset it only like 12 pieces of fabric in 3-4 layers, bones and whatnots... It shouldn't be that difficult thing to do. First one is to make a single layer unboned practice piece and then take on the Real Thing...
And I am TERRIFIED.

You see, the thing is that I'm poor. I am to participate in James Bond party this summer and I have like 10 meters of black velvet. I planned on making a Victorian style evening dress out of it, with a velvet corset, simple A line skirt and a hitched bustle skirt over it, all of this black velvet. So I need to have made at least one corset successfully before I dive into black velvet. And the idea scares me.

I also have to apologize to my OWOH winners who STILL haven't got their win. I haven't forgotten you, I am just still sick and don't have energy to get the packages ready to be sent. I am deeply sorry for this delay.

1 comment:

Callie Forester said...

Hi. I couldn't find an email for you, so I thought I'd just leave my comment here...

I'm just writing everyone who was nice enough to enter our contest to let them know voting has begun! It would be great if you could stop by and put your choice in! :) The chimera is getting really tired of being nameless. haha.

Keep an eye on our site--the next contest will be his origin story. We're going to have some awesome prizes. :)

Good luck on your corset!! I hope it works out okay. :)